list of discontinuous selections

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
js

list of discontinuous selections

Post by js »

I had a recurring problem with macros in NWE, but I am not sure whether there is a solution with that in Pro macros. It‘s really very simple: Let‘s say you got a text from the internet with some keywords words marked in italics, and you would like to have a list of them. Easy job with Nisus macros to select them all at once. But how to get on from there?

I read in the manual, under the command _Write selection_: In the future we may support replacing a discontinuous selection with a list variable.
Is this a plan to solve my problem? Is there another way to do it?

PS
May I repeat my earlier question: Are there sample macros, as indicated in the manual?
And thanks for your help. And a big bravo for this new product of Nisus. Never saw anything running as smooth as Nisus Pro. A real pleasure to use.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

You can collect all the selected bits on the clipboard. Is that what you want?
Assuming you want the bits separated by returns the following will work:

Find and Replace '.+', '\0\n', 'aEs'
Copy
Undo
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

js,

Thanks for your kind words.
May I repeat my earlier question: Are there sample macros, as indicated in the manual?
And thanks for your help. And a big bravo for this new product of Nisus. Never saw anything running as smooth as Nisus Pro. A real pleasure to use.
There are not yet macros shipping especially for Nisus Writer Pro.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
js

Post by js »

phspaelti wrote:You can collect all the selected bits on the clipboard. Is that what you want?
Assuming you want the bits separated by returns the following will work:

Find and Replace '.+', '\0\n', 'aEs'
Copy
Undo
Yes. that's what I wanted. Thank you.