Nisus Writer Pro & Nisus Writer Express

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Reiner

Nisus Writer Pro & Nisus Writer Express

Post by Reiner »

Does anybody know if the release of Nisus Writer Pro means that Nisus Writer Express is discontinued? Or will both applications being developed?
shades

Post by shades »

Wasn't the original intention that there would be two tiers of word processors, Pro and Express? Which implies that both would continue to receive development.

At least I remember that discussion 3-4 years ago.
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08
bgarlock

Post by bgarlock »

I cannot find anything about the Pro version. I saw a quick write-up about it in Mac Format magazine, and that is it. Is there any links to new features, or pricing?

Thank you,

Bruce
Hamid

Nisus Writer Pro

Post by Hamid »

Nisus Software has given some details about Nisus Writer Pro at:
http://www.nisus.com/pro/
xiamenese

Re: Nisus Writer Pro

Post by xiamenese »

Hamid wrote:Nisus Software has given some details about Nisus Writer Pro at:
http://www.nisus.com/pro/
The public beta was announced today ... go download.

Mark
foobar

Post by foobar »

Will Express be updated at some point? There hasn't even been a bug-fix release in a long time, and believe me, there are still bugs.
thf

be patient

Post by thf »

foobar wrote:Will Express be updated at some point? There hasn't even been a bug-fix release in a long time, and believe me, there are still bugs.
hm, take a look at the developer team list: i count 8 persons who are starting today bugfixing the pro version. :D so i think you have to wait a while to get rid of the express bugs, because they are now busy and focused on pro. i can't be angry about the express bugs because for me the express was just a crook on the way to pro. I believe that when pro is running they will fix the problems in the express versions.
dshan

Re: be patient

Post by dshan »

thf wrote:
foobar wrote:Will Express be updated at some point? There hasn't even been a bug-fix release in a long time, and believe me, there are still bugs.
hm, take a look at the developer team list: i count 8 persons who are starting today bugfixing the pro version. :D so i think you have to wait a while to get rid of the express bugs, because they are now busy and focused on pro. i can't be angry about the express bugs because for me the express was just a crook on the way to pro. I believe that when pro is running they will fix the problems in the express versions.
Sadly it could be a long wait. Recent versions of Express had like six or seven betas, and then almost as many release candidates. Many months of (very worthwhile) public debugging before they were released. I strongly doubt we'll see NWP this spring, late summer seems more likely to me based on previous experience. Maybe it'll be out by the time Leopard is finally released. ;-)

In the meantime it'd sure be nice to see a NWX 2.7.x release containing some of those "significant" bug fixes listed for NWP...
greenmorpher

Re: be patient

Post by greenmorpher »

dshan wrote:Sadly it could be a long wait. Recent versions of Express had like six or seven betas, and then almost as many release candidates. Many months of (very worthwhile) public debugging before they were released.
Hello dshan

I thnk it is fair to say Pro has been a pretty damned good release. I suspect it will be issued much faster than you expect.

Cheers, geoff