problems with ruler formatting

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
disfasia

problems with ruler formatting

Post by disfasia »

this latest nisus has a MAJOR flaw:

the ruler annotations are lost all the time. i have just worked on a bibliography for which i lose all formating when i save it, close it and reopen it. please fix this! It is wasting so much time.

thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

What version are you using? 2.5 or 2.1.2?
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

I am using 2.1.2 is there a 2.5???

thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Well 2.5 is a "sneak peek" version (also called an "alpha"), so it is not ready for general use. I just wanted to be sure that you were not using that particular version before I asked you more about your trouble.

So, when you say ruler formatting, what do you mean exactly? Head indent, tabs, alignment? What exactly is lost when you save and reopen your file? Also, what file format are you using?
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

I save regularly, so it is an rtf file. and it changes the rulers whereby (as in all bibliographies) the second + lines are indented automatically. I set up a doc to indent automatically until i start a new parag. and this no longer works. will the beta work better? so when i quit and reopen the file, all the ruler tabs are in place but none of the formatting is effected.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand exactly what happens. Are you saying that before you save the file your paragraphs look like this:

<pre>Paragraph 1, line 1 is too long and wraps to
line 2 of paragraph 1. This line is automatically
indented, as is line 3.
The first line of paragraph 2 is not indented, but
subsequent lines are.</pre>

And after you save and reopen, your paragraphs look like this:

<pre>Paragraph 1, line 1 is too long and wraps to
line 2 of paragraph 1. This line is no longer
automatically indented, nor line 3.
The first line of paragraph 2 is not indented, but
neither are subsequent lines.</pre>

Do I understand your problem correctly? If so, I assume you are setting these indents by changing the line indent (the little blue triangle on the ruler that points upward)?
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

Yes this is exactly that and i have the triangles set properly (I have used your products for over ten years). Any help as to how to fix this?

best
disfasia
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I have not been been able to reproduce the bug you are seeing. Can you send us a feedback report including the problem file? Just choose "Report a Bug" from the "Help" menu. Thanks.
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

Yes, I have just done this. Thanks.