Quote selection/Parenthesize selection macros

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
dunsmuirwill

Quote selection/Parenthesize selection macros

Post by dunsmuirwill »

Hello Friends,

Long story short, when I switched my apps to my new M1 Mac, I lost key aspects of NWP including the macros I had. (I couldn't use Migration Assistant because of virus software I couldn't uninstall that stopped the process.) The macros I'm most eager to replace are the quote selection/Parenthesize selection macros. I'm not a macro writer and am too old to learn. At least I don't want to. I searched in the Macro Repository, but they're no longer there. (Outdated, maybe.)

So, does anyone know where I can find either of these these macros?

Thank you.
adryan

Re: Quote selection/Parenthesize selection macros

Post by adryan »

G'day, dunsmuirwill et al

I think those Macros come pre-installed with Nisus Writer, which is why you probably can't find them in the Macro Repository. They are usually accessible in NWP from Macro > Editing.

If you can't find them there, it might be worthwhile reinstalling NWP because other Macros might have gone astray as well. If this couple of Macros is still missing, let us know and I'll post them on the Forum for you.

Cheers,
Adrian
MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021)
macOS Ventura
Nisus Writer user since 1996
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Quote selection/Parenthesize selection macros

Post by martin »

Adrian is exactly right: those macros are included by default under the menu Macro > Editing. If you don't see them you don't need to reinstall the full app. You can instead just use the menu Macro > Choose Macros Folder. Once you choose a new folder (or simply confirm your existing folder) you'll be asked if you'd like to install the default set of macros.

Please let us know if you have any trouble or questions.