Glossary item executed inside a Macro?

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
js

Glossary item executed inside a Macro?

Post by js »

I wonder if a Nisus glossary entry, normally executed manually by Space or Return, can be executed inside a macro. Having the Macro type Space or Return does not execute the Glossary.
phspaelti

Re: Glossary item executed inside a Macro?

Post by phspaelti »

Since the glossary item is itself a menu command, you can just put it's name on a line in a macro and it should execute.
To make this clearer in a macro you may want to write it like this:

Code: Select all

Glossary:MyGlossary:MyAbbreviation
Another approach, assuming you have the abbreviation already in the document, is to select the abbreviation and then use the Expand Glossary command
philip
js

Post by js »

Great. Thank you Philip. I didn't realize that there is an Expand Glossary Command. I see moreover that it works either with the shortcut seleted or with the cursor placed at its end.
credneb

Post by credneb »

Don't know what you are trying to do with your macro, but this might help.

You can select any block of text (including multiple paragraphs) and trigger the Expand Glossary command, manually or by macro, to expand all abbreviations within the selected text. Depending on how your glossary expansions are configured, the results will include text formatting defined in the glossary. If your macro is hardwired to specific abbreviations, it's use will be limited to those.

HTH