NWP Bookends link does not work

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
dspady

NWP Bookends link does not work

Post by dspady »

I am using NWP 3.3 and Bookends 14.0.7 on a mac-mini2018 and mac Os 11.7 (Big Sur). I cannot get Bookends to integrate with NWP. When I go to scan, the process starts but aborts almost instantly. BE works well with MSWord (latest) and with Mellel 5.0. Have discussed this with Sonny software and they are not sure what is going on. I see that in the past there was a NWP/BE conflict. Has this arisen again?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: NWP Bookends link does not work

Post by martin »

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. I'm not aware of any current Bookends incompatibility.

Once your document is sent to Bookends for processing/scanning, it's in the hands of Bookends to complete the process and return the formatted document to Nisus Writer. So please follow up with Sonny Software and let us know the outcome of their investigation. If they suspect Nisus Writer is the culprit or a factor, we can certainly investigate from our end as well.
palaeoantmac

Post by palaeoantmac »

Having same issue with scanning my citations. When I ask it to scan, Bookends processes it and puts the bibliography into NWP, but then NWP deletes 2/3 of my document. I even tried doing just a few pages at a time into a smaller document and it still deletes 2/3 of anything beyond 1 page. Doing this one page at a time is a little much, considering I have ~300 pages.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

palaeoantmac wrote: 2024-03-02 06:20:48 Having same issue with scanning my citations. When I ask it to scan, Bookends processes it and puts the bibliography into NWP, but then NWP deletes 2/3 of my document. I even tried doing just a few pages at a time into a smaller document and it still deletes 2/3 of anything beyond 1 page. Doing this one page at a time is a little much, considering I have ~300 pages.
There is probably some content in your document that Bookends has trouble processing, e.g. a sequence of complex content like tracked changes, footnotes, generated TOC, etc. Typically the issue is that Bookend's response to Nisus Writer is malformed or truncated, which leads to a clipped document.

I would contact Sonny Software about this issue so they can see your document.