Fabulous Clipboard Tools

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
loulesko

Fabulous Clipboard Tools

Post by loulesko »

This has been deleted in favor of a more elegant and refined version which you can find here.
Last edited by loulesko on 2023-05-27 10:18:58, edited 5 times in total.
xiamenese

Re: Fabulous Clipboard Tools

Post by xiamenese »

Hi, thanks for sharing these.

I've downloaded the macros, as they will make using multiple clipboards much easier. But I have a problem: using Ventura 1.3.1 and NWP 3.3, I have no "Nisus Writer Settings" folder in which to create the "Saved Clipboards" folder, so while the Copy and Paste Macros work using the default clipboards, the Clipboard Manager can't save.

iCloud/Nisus Documents/ is where all things shared between my machines, like Macros, Style Library, Templates, etc., are saved, but creating a "Stored Clipboards" folder there doesn't work.

Help please.

Mark
loulesko

Post by loulesko »

Hi Mark

Thanks for the input. I'll work on this next day or so and let you know when it's done.

Best
Lou
loulesko

Post by loulesko »

Mark,

I just noticed you wrote you created a "Stored Clipboards" folder. The name needs to be "Saved Clipboards."

Let me know if that fixes the problem. If not, can you tell me the error you're getting when trying to save the clipboards.

Thanks
Lou
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Thanks for getting back to me.

Actually, I created a "Saved Clipboards" folder in that location: ~/iCloud/Nisus Documents/Saved Clipboards/. The "Stored Clipboards" was a brain disconnect while writing the message.

I've just tried again and it worked. Why? I presume because I had closed NWP after I tried before, so re-opening it set up the necessary path. Thus it seems as long as you put your Saved Clipboards folder in the same location as your Macros folder, the name of the containing folder doesn't actually matter. If NWP is open when you create it, you need to close it down and re-open it to get the path recognised.

So thanks a lot for sharing.

:D

Mark
loulesko

Post by loulesko »

Amazing, thanks for the insight.

Yes, that's correct, if you put your Saved Clipboards folder in the same location as your Macros folder, the macro will see it.

I amended the original post for clarity.

Thanks
Lou