Updater Not Working Properly

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
loulesko

Updater Not Working Properly

Post by loulesko »

Hi there,

I keep getting the notice that 3.4 is available. It downloads and decompresses. When I choose install and relaunch, the installer quits and does nothing. Reopening Nisus reveals it is still 3.3.

Thanks
Lou
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Updater Not Working Properly

Post by martin »

We've seen this problem before, and the most likely cause is that the installer is updating the wrong app stored in another location on disk. In other words: you probably have a copy of Nisus Writer somewhere else on your Mac, like in your Downloads folder, and that's the one being updated, not the one in your Applications folder.

Nisus doesn't control how the installer picks the app to update. It's a stock installer provided by Apple's developer tools. If I recall correctly, many years ago, a user once caught the installer updating a copy of the app in their Trash 😆

You should probably delete other unwanted copies of the app from your Mac, but ultimately the iron-clad solution is to simply download the zip archive of the app and move it into place manually.
loulesko

Re: Updater Not Working Properly

Post by loulesko »

Martin,

Many thanks for the quick response.

I didn't have any other versions installed, but the zip file solution worked fabulously. It is more than likely an Apple thing.

Happy New Year
Lou