Columns

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Larry

Columns

Post by Larry »

I am relatively new to Nisus so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I am preparing a paper with two or three columns. I want to break the columns so the corresponding left and right hand sides will match each other in length. How do I do this? When I tried to insert a column break text on the left hand side jumped over to the other side. Am I better off just using a table. The document is sort of an outline broken into columns.
Larry
xiamenese

Re: Columns

Post by xiamenese »

Larry wrote:I am relatively new to Nisus so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I am preparing a paper with two or three columns. I want to break the columns so the corresponding left and right hand sides will match each other in length. How do I do this? When I tried to insert a column break text on the left hand side jumped over to the other side. Am I better off just using a table. The document is sort of an outline broken into columns.
If you insist on doing it in NWE, it might be easiest to use a table. Otherwise I think you would need to set up your columns, do a column break at the end of the text for the left column, then write the matching text for the right column; at the end of that text put in a section break to continue on the same page, which should take you back to the left column at the base of whichever of the two texts is longer ... and so on. I haven't tried it, but it ought to work ... cumbersome solution.
The best answer is to use an outliner that supports columns like OmniOutliner. Try it and you might, like so many others, rapidly find it indispensible anyway. :)
Mark