iNisusPro for iPhone

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.

Do you find a future iNisusPro useful?

very much
29%
to a large extent
43%
to some extent
No votes
barely
29%
not at all
No votes

Total votes: 7

adrian

iNisusPro for iPhone

Post by adrian »

Are there any plans to create an iPhone app (maybe called iNisusPro) which would synchronise with NWP?
I for one find this kind of work much more useful than expanding NWP in areas where OmniGrafflePro will always be better.
All the best
Adrian
lellius

Re: iNisusPro for iPhone

Post by lellius »

For iPhone surely not, but it could be a good idea for iPad.
dshan

Post by dshan »

Pages now supports both iPhone and iPad, there's no reason why Nisus couldn't. Except that iOS has no support for RTF. Last time I looked there were precisely zero iOS apps with any RTF support. Not Pages, not Elements, not Simplenote, none of them support RTF, which is big problem for Nisus as it's the app's native file format. Pages on iOS supports (limited) Mac pages, Word and PDF file formats, most other iOS text apps support even less than that - usually just plain text and maybe markdown/HTML or PDF.

How useful would an iOS version of Nisus Writer Express/Pro be that didn't support RTF documents? Not very, and for some reason Apple and the other iOS text app vendors seem to be avoiding RTF (and ODF for that matter) on iOS like the plague. Which is rather odd as it's still by far the most popular and widely supported cross-platform format for text document creation and editing. I don't know that it's impossible to create an iOS app with it's own RTF parser and associated support, but it sure seems strange to me that no one has done it yet. If it was (even relatively) straightforward then surely someone would have done it by now?
jimmylucas88

Post by jimmylucas88 »

adrian wrote:Are there any plans to create an iPhone app (maybe called iNisusPro) which would synchronise with NWP?
I for one find this kind of work much more useful than expanding NWP in areas where OmniGrafflePro will always be better.
All the best
Adrian
I agree, that this could be a useful app for mobile, but it seems like it would work better on a tablet than on an iphone. I am hoping to see this on an ipad, but would not mind if it did not exist for iphone. It would be a good tool for me, especially because I just started using voip on my iphone, and it has been working pretty well.
-Jimmy