attributes OFF in find/replace

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
credneb

attributes OFF in find/replace

Post by credneb »

If you expand a glossary abbreviation in the find/replace dialog, Nisus ohhh-so-kindly automatically checks the Attribute Sensitive box -- EVEN IF Remove styles and attributes has been applied to the entire glossary file (all entries) so that there are no attributes to be sensitive about.

This is really a problem in a multilingual document that one might search in any of the languages used. If I search for a Japanese string, text entered in the dlg box takes on those attributes. But then when you expand an English glossary abbrev in the find window, Nisus won't find the text unless you uncheck the Attribute Sensitive box.

I suppose this behavior is meant to be a feature instead of a bug, but this functions more like a bug when multiple languages are involved.

Is there some way to turn this OFF?
Hamid

Re: attributes OFF in find/replace

Post by Hamid »

It does seem to be a bug.

I could not reproduce the problem at first because although 'Attribute Sensitive' in Find was checked when Glossary was expanded, the 'Any Attribute' menu also remained checked (which had the same effect as 'Attribute Sensitive' unchecked in Find), but then after a few more attempts, the 'Any Attribute' menu became unchecked and then the problem became apparent.

Anyway, in NWP 1.4.1, 'Attribute Sensitive' in Find does not become checked when Glossary is expanded, which appears to be the correct behaviour.