Keep Preferences, Templates & Style Libraries Synced

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
swalkerc

Keep Preferences, Templates & Style Libraries Synced

Post by swalkerc »

I'm wondering if there's a way to keep Nisus Writer Pro Preferences, Templates, and Style Libraries synced between two computers. I saw the post on using Terminal to export all preferences to a different computer, but I'm looking for a way to keep these things synced so that if I make a change in a style library on my computer at work, it will also change on my computer at home. For other applications, I am able to put the Application Support Folder in dropbox and that seems to work, but that obviously doesn't work for Nisus Writer Pro. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Keep Preferences, Templates & Style Libraries Synced

Post by martin »

The folders for your Style Library, Templates, and Macros are by default kept inside your Document Manager folder. So, to keep those synced between computers, just choose a Document Manager folder location that resides inside a synced folder, eg: create a Document Manager folder inside your Dropbox folder. You can change your Document Manager folder in Nisus Writer's preferences, in the "Doc Manager" pane.

Unfortunately keeping the rest of your preferences, like keyboard shortcuts, in sync between computers isn't very easy right now. That's due to the way Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) preferences are stored, and is something we should look at improving. Thank you for the suggestion.