Extracting images from the document

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
newdaydawning

Extracting images from the document

Post by newdaydawning »

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Nisus Writer Pro and must say that I like the software a lot. However, I'd like to know that is there a way to extract all embedded images from a document (saved as separate image files in a file folder)? I certainly could use this feature as I need to author content in Sharepoint site and Sharepoint requires that image files are separately uploaded to a Sharepoint web page.

Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Extracting images from the document

Post by martin »

You can manually extract a single image from Nisus Writer using drag-drop. Just select the image you'd like to export, drag it from your Nisus Writer document to the Finder/Desktop, and the image will be exported as a regular file. The image's original name and data type should be intact, if they were known when the image was created in Nisus Writer.

If you'd like to export images en masse, you'll need to use a macro. I'll attach one that should do the trick. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
Image Extractor.nwm
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
newdaydawning

Post by newdaydawning »

Excellent! Thank you very much Martin!
Vanceone

Post by Vanceone »

So I'm curious, but couldn't you just save it as an "RTFD" file and show package contents? Doesn't a RTFD file have a directory inside it with all the embedded images?

For something like a sharepoint site, this may also be a solution.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's a good solution as well. Once the RTFD is saved to disk, right-click it in the Finder, and choose the menu "Show Package Contents". Inside you'll see all the document's images as separate files, in addition to some other bits like the mandatory TXT.rtf file.