When will InfoClick be compatible with Mojave

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
ajcarr

When will InfoClick be compatible with Mojave

Post by ajcarr »

In macOS 10.14 Mojave, Apple seems to have changed their database for Mail.app from v5 to v6 so InfoClick no longer works. Any timeline for making it compatible? I'll even pay $10-20 for the upgrade.

Alun
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: When will InfoClick be compatible with Mojave

Post by martin »

Hello Alun, so far as we know there are no problems with using InfoClick on Mojave (macOS 10.14). Your problem may stem from configuring InfoClick to index a specific mail subfolder (like v4, v5, etc) instead of the main mail folders.

To fix your problem, please make sure that your InfoClick preferences are configured to search both of the main folders used by Apple Mail. Those folder paths are as follows:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Mail
~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail
You can read more about this in our FAQ topic on how to configure InfoClick. The FAQ has some screenshots that might help you. Please let me know if you have any questions.
ajcarr

Post by ajcarr »

Many thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem, though I won't really know until InfoClick has finished rebuilding the index.

Best regards,

Alun
zuzie_b

Post by zuzie_b »

Hello, I work with Mojave and cannot choose the mail folder. Infoclick keeps telling me it does not find any files there, although I have checked and the mails are inside the folder. But when I try to choose the folder, a little icon tells me that Infoclick might not have permissions to search there, although I have changed permission in the finder to "Everyone can read & write". What can I do? Thank you!
Bob Stern

Post by Bob Stern »

Apple's "Sandbox" security restrictions prevent an application that's sold in the Apple App Store from accessing a folder until you have given permission to that application, regardless of what user permissions you set for that folder in GetInfo.

In InfoClick, select the menu command Search > "Choose Saved Searches Folder", then select your saved searches folder in the resulting dialog.

Sometimes you have to repeat this process after a major upgrade to MacOS, but only once.