New in Version 1.0
- Table of Contents.
- Bookmarks and Cross-references.
- Document navigation via Bookmarks and Table of Contents.
- Attribute sensitive find & replace.
- Floating graphics (wrap text around images).
- Widow and orphan control, "keep with next" paragraph, and "keep together" options.
- Glossaries (expands custom abbreviations to any kind of formatted text).
- Many additions to the Nisus macro language.
- Footnotes can now span multiple pages.
- Added a variety of options to control the display of note styles.
- Additional formatting menus: Small Caps, Shadow, etc.
- Can double-click MathType and MathMagic images to edit them in their original application. Images opened in MathType are also linked, so if you save changes, the image in the document is automatically updated. (Note: this requires that you have separately purchased a copy of one of these applications).
- Can now save documents as "RTF (for older applications)", a format which won't crash AppleWorks.
- Added plenty of customizable colors.
- Can control the size of the gutter in Full Screen view.
Notable Fixes in Version 1.0
- Various fixes to improve RTF compatibility.
- Fixed line spacing is exact, even if there are embedded subscripts, superscripts, images, or alternate fonts.
- Improved HTML export.
- Stylesheet previews accurately reflect the ruler as it would appear on the page.
- Fixed: a variety of issues with high unicode code points (those requiring surrogate pairs in UTF-16).
- Fixed: note style starting number does not work.
- Fixed: very tall images with a line height multiple applied cause Page layout to stall.
- Fixed: poor quality when printing (or Save to PDF) of PICT graphics.
- Fixed for Tiger: lines improperly broken on parentheses and brackets (eg: "array" or "Si(111)").
- Fixed: in multi-column documents Page Break only breaks to next column.
- Fixed: Arabic smart quotes are reversed.
- Fixed: undo of text change in a list paragraph inserts an extra list bullet.
©2018 Nisus Software, Inc. All rights reserved.