Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Problems with languages 

Hi,
I have some problems setting languages. I use Italian as default language, then other languages as English, French, German, all with the correspondent keyboard shortcut (ctrl-EN; ctrl-FR; ctrl-GE) dictionaries, thesauri (when available) and so on. No problem.
Problems arose when I try to set languages with specific keyboard layouts. I use Ancient Greek with a specific keyboard layout delivered from Linguist Software, so I need to set a new language, "Ancient Greek" with a secondary font, and a specific keyboard layout. When I close the dialogue window the settings related to the keyboard are lost.
The same thing happens when I use a second "language." It is a setting that I created to write words in Arabic, Hebrew, Greek with a font Roman with diacritics. In this case the "language" (which I named "transliterated") must maintain the same font, turn off spelling dictionaries etc., and switch to a specific keyboard layout, from Linguist Software. Because I am obliged to set a language "based on," I choose Italian, my default language. When I close settings, the keyboard of "transliterated" switches to Italian again.
I noted also that in the Menu Format>Language I have some languages duplicated: Italian with and without keyboard shortcut; Transliterated with and without keyboard shortcut; French with same characteristics.
How may I restore single languages, eliminating duplicates (in dialogue window Edit language I have only one Italian, Transliterated and so on) ?
Thank you very much

2007-08-30 11:55:05
Official Nisus Person

gnoli wrote:
I use Ancient Greek with a specific keyboard layout delivered from Linguist Software, so I need to set a new language, "Ancient Greek" with a secondary font, and a specific keyboard layout. When I close the dialogue window the settings related to the keyboard are lost.

This is a bug that we will definitely fix in an upcoming update. In the meantime, if you are comfortable, you can work around the problem by:

1. Quit NWP if it is running.
2. Find the corresponding language definition file in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer/Languages/Ancient Greek.nlang
3. Open this file in a text editor.
4. Modify the following lines in the file:
Code:
<key>keyboardInputMethod</key>
<dict>
   <key>keyboardLayoutDisplayName</key>
   <string>U.S.</string>
   <key>keyboardLayoutIdentifier</key>
   <integer>0</integer>
</dict>

You'll need to know the display name and internal identifier of the layout you want to use.

Quote:
I noted also that in the Menu Format>Language I have some languages duplicated: Italian with and without keyboard shortcut

The first few entries in the language menu are the most recently used languages. The duplication is intentional and is simply for your convenience.

2007-08-30 14:04:58
Profile WWW

I am sorry, but I do not know the internal identifier of my keyboard layout.
I will wait for the upgrade, hoping in your fastness :wink:
I was a Nisus user since v. 4, then I switched to Mellel, but with NWP I was happy to return to my first, unforgettable, love. The really break between Mellel and NWP is, in my opinion, the language support, so the existence of a bug in this section is disappointing to all those people that, like me, want to go home after a long exile ....

2007-08-31 02:23:52

This is the text that appears opening Ancien Greek
The name of the Keyboard Layout is GreekLS Classical OT.
Can you help me?
Thanks
Code:
<xml>
<DOCTYPE>
<plist>
<dict>
   <key>basedOnLanguageCode</key>
   <string>el</string>
   <key>modifications</key>
   <dict>
      <key>dictionaryLanguage</key>
      <dict>
      <key>fontSwitchMode</key>
      <integer>2</integer>
      <key>languageName</key>
      <string>Ancient Greek</string>
      <key>secondaryFontName</key>
      <string>OdysseaU</string>
      <key>secondaryFontSize</key>
      <integer>12</integer>
   </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

2007-08-31 02:32:18
Official Nisus Person

Can you please email me directly about this? Thank you.

Martin

2007-08-31 09:58:24
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]