open documents from NWC in Max OS10.5

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
adrigott

open documents from NWC in Max OS10.5

Post by adrigott »

Any ideas in How to open documents from NWC in Max OS10.5
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

I'm still working with 10.4 but I think I read that 10.5 doesn't have a Classic environment. So the only possibility to open Classic NW documents on 10.5 is to import them to NWX/NWP or another word processor.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

Reiner is correct. And we do a very good job of maintaining the formatting, if I don't say so myself.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
Asterix

Re: open documents from NWC in Max OS10.5

Post by Asterix »

Sadly opening Classic documents in NWP loses things such as margins, inter-paragraph spacing, inter-line spacing and probably more - see my posting "Disappointing compatibility with NisusWriter Classic" on the NWP forum.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

Nisusians,

There seems to be some concern here, even though we don't think our Classic import is bad. One important issue that sometimes gets overlooked is that old Nisus Writer Classic files don't always get moved over to the OS X environment with their "resource fork" intact. In that case all kinds of formatting information is lost. I have an extensive description of the problems involved with this if anyone is interested in reading.

If those concerned would send some sample documents and point out the problems to me at <support@nisus.com>, we can take a look.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
Asterix

Post by Asterix »

I've sent a sample file & PDF's from NWC & NWP in as suggested. Hopefully NWP will improve or Nisus will at least release the NWC file format.