Find Box text is suddenly REALLY small

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
enaid1

Find Box text is suddenly REALLY small

Post by enaid1 »

I opened Nisus to do some work and discovered that the text in the Find Box is now about 8-point. This is too tiny to work with comfortably (for my eyes).

If I increase the size of the text in the Find Box, suddenly Nisus can no longer find the word in my text.

What did I change and how do I change it back (to at least 12-point, although preferably larger)?
phspaelti

Re: Find Box text is suddenly REALLY small

Post by phspaelti »

Note that after you increase the text in the box, the checkbox "Attribute Sensitive" becomes checked. That is why it only finds the set point size.
The solution is to uncheck the checkbox.

But the way to change the size of the contents more generally is to use the Zoom.
Last edited by phspaelti on 2016-03-08 10:25:03, edited 1 time in total.
philip
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

If you want to increase the size of the display of the font in the Find window, use the View:Zoom In menu.
If you increase the size of the font in the Find window, the search becomes Attribute Sensitive; then only find strings with that increased font size in the document will be found.
enaid1

Post by enaid1 »

Great! Thank you so much!

Do either of you know how this happened in the first place, so I don't end up doing it again?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

enaid1 wrote:Do either of you know how this happened in the first place, so I don't end up doing it again?
Generally speaking the Find dialog will assume the font/size of the frontmost document. So if your document has a tiny font, the find dialog will also use a tiny font. So there's probably nothing you did directly to trigger this, it's just the documents you're working with now.

And as Hamid said, using the normal zoom in/out menus (or their keyboard shortcuts) are the best way to solve this.