What happened to "outline"?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ninjagame

What happened to "outline"?

Post by ninjagame »

I've been wondering...
...there used to be an feature "outline" in NWP 1.2 and, I think, even in 1.3 which I could reach not via the "Format" menu but by crtl-clicking in or on the character I wanted to be "outlined". (See pict. attached.) Although the "outline"-effect disappeared upon closing and re-opening the file, it was very nice to have for titles of chapters in a novel or paper since it could be retained by printing the file or saving it to PDF.
Since NWP 1.4 (or OS 10.5.x? I'm not sure when I noticed it first.) it is not possible anymore to "outline". What a pity!
Is there a plan for re-introducing this feature somewhere in the future? It's not essential to me, just - nice to have.

ninjagame
Attachments
outline.png
outline.png (35.77 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: What happened to "outline"?

Post by martin »

We removed the menu because of its semi-functional behavior, but it hasn't been removed from our minds. It's on our To Do list and hopefully can make a reappearance.
ninjagame

Post by ninjagame »

Ah, thank you. I'll be looking forward to using it again.

ninjagame
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Martin sez:
It's on our To Do list
Somewhere behind the vertical ruler, of course.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all business" FREE when you buy "Success in Store: how to start or buy a retail business, enjoy running it and make money: or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Buy at Amazon or http://www.worsleypress.com